MICHIANA HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING, INC. OPENS
SHOWROOM AS AN EMERGENCY WARMING CENTER
2439 S. 11th Street Niles, Michigan 49120
Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 3:00p.m. to Saturday, February 2, 2019 10:00a.m.
Niles, Michigan: In anticipation of the forecasted potential life-threatening frigid temperatures, local company Michiana Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. has announced that they will be opening a portion of their 35,000 square ft. showroom as a temporary, 24 Hour Emergency Warming Center.
Hours of Operation
The Warming Center will operate during the following hours: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 3:00pm to Saturday until February 2, 2019 10:00am.
The purpose for offering the Warming Center is to provide a temporary shelter to prevent injury to persons who may be exposed to the extreme outdoor elements. Please note, the Warming Center will be operating as a temporary warming center (not to be confused as a permanent shelter). The Warming Center has not been equipped to provide cots and blankets, serve meals, or provide shower facilities. A limited number of tables, chairs are available at the Warming Center. Restroom facilities, television(s) and a children’s play area will also be available.
Michiana Heating & Air Conditioning
2439 S. 11th Street
Warming Center Guidelines
Individuals using the Warming Center must comply with all rules and policies and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please bring your own reading material and any other personal items you require. Amplified sound devices are prohibited
- Please supply your own blanket(s), food, snacks and drinks. (Bottled water and coffee will be provided)
- Guests must adhere to guest agreement form that will be provided upon arrival.
- Please note that there are no medical services provided.
- Occupancy will be limited to building max capacity ordinance.
- Janet Lassen – 574-261-3071 24 Hours during warming center operations only
- Or, call 9-1-1 in an emergency